If you’ve ever fancied trying outdoor bowling but never managed to pluck up the courage, we are inviting you to take advantage of our free trial offer.
We have a group of experienced members who will be delighted to show you the basics of the game and let you try your hand with a practice session. We’ll even provide bowls and all other essential equipment … all you need is a pair of flat-soled shoes or slippers so that you don’t damage our greens.
From time to time, we host open days when we invite would-be bowlers to come along to see our superb facilities at King George’s Playing Fields and take part in group practice sessions.
Book now for a free one-to-one bowling taster
But there’s no need to wait for an open day. During the outdoor season – from the end of April to the end of September – you’re invited to make an appointment to visit the club and try your hand with one-to-one tuition.
Club President Byron Davies says: “Bowls is a wonderful summer activity and my message to anyone thinking of giving it a try is: Don’t be shy!
“Like many other sports, practice makes perfect but it doesn’t take long to learn the basics and beginners can be enjoying their first game almost immediately.
“If you’re thinking of taking up bowling but you’re hesitant about joining a club, our free trial offer is a good way to help you make up your mind.”
To make an appointment for a one-to-one session or request details of our next open day, please use our contact form.
10 Reasons to take up bowling
- Anyone can play – it’s ideal for individuals, couples, familes and friends
- It’s a game for young people (often played by older people!)
- It’s a good way to exercise joints and muscles
- It’s a summer activity – enjoy the best of the weather
- It’s not expensive – pay your subs and bowl when you like
- Brentwood bowlers make lots of new friends
- Take part in ‘roll-ups’, leagues, competitions and friendlies
- Men and women can play on equal terms
- We have social activities throughout the year
- Increase your trophy collection by competing for our annual awards!