Chairman Richard Rose and vice-captain Trevor Pedley welcomed a good turnout to the men’s section pre-season meeting in the clubhouse on Saturday 8th April 2017.
Points from the meeting:
- As the RBA and BDBA no longer issue handbooks, members were given login details to access competition details online.
- Details were announced for the new access to Harold Hill Bowling Club.
- Volunteers are wanted for greens testing at Brentwood on 27th April at 10am.
- Open days will be on 29th and 30th April from 10am to 2pm – volunteers needed.
- Anyone wanting to play in BDBA representative matches should contact Martin Cuthbert. At present, Trevor Pedley is Brentwood’s only name on the list.
- Apart from two dates, Clockhouse League games will be played on Friday afternoons. New and experienced bowlers are welcome to play.
- Mixed spoon drives will be played from 10am – noon on Tuesdays beginning 2nd May. Ted Vidler will be running the events which are open to club members, Central Essex members and newcomers wanting to try bowls. There will be a nominal entry fee and cash prizes.
- Draws for men’s competitions have been made – please check the boards. Tweaks may be necessary to accommodate new members.
- The holiday list is now on the board – please enter your dates to assist team selectors.
- Members are asked to play competitions before cut-off dates.
- Ron Waller will be running short training sessions for members on the bar rota. Just turn up at 9.30am on Good Friday or either of the following two Fridays.
- Best wishes were sent to Keith Newberry who has been in hospital.
- Mike Patrick was congratulated for his excellent efforts producing this year’s club handbook.