President Byron Davies and captain Richard Rose welcomed members – including several new recruits – to the men’s section pre-season meeting which attracted a good attendance on Saturday 13th April.
Points from the meeting
- Ron Lofts will be introducing a session at 6pm on Tuesdays aimed at new and novice bowlers, giving them a chance to get to grips with the the game and to meet experienced players.
- Ron is also producing this year’s availability chart. Please let him know asap dates you can’t make.
- Competition draws will be made at lunchtime on Sunday 14th April and will be displayed on the board within 10 days. Last-minute entries are being accepted.
- There are no ‘challengers’ in club competitions – it’s the responsibility of both parties to ensure games are played. Don’t leave it until the last minute!
- Clockhouse: To avoid further cancellation of Clockhouse games, please try to make yourself available. For home games, members to organise tea and biscuits … and clear away.
- Catering for league games: There will be the usual rota system for food at RBA and Brentwood League games.
- If you’re not available for a competition, delete your name on the form and notify:
RBA Triples – Richard Rose
RBA Shield – Rob Dellar
Brentwood League – Fred Wasmuth / Richard Rose
- One-day competitions: It would be nice to have a few more players involved.
- Friendlies: Forms for the season are now on the board. Most friendlies will now be mixed and dress code, by and large, will be club shirts. Club shirts are £17.50, available from Byron Davies.
- Ron Waller will be producing the bar rota.
- RBA and County handbooks are not yet available.
- Green fees will be the same as last year.
- Last ‘Second Sunday of the Month’ get-together of the 2012 – 2013 closed season takes place Sunday April 14th at 1pm. Bring along some nibbles and enjoy a catch-up with fellow members. Bar open!
- Open Day 10am on Saturday 4th May – please come along.